A list of current Golden Plain Shire Council Strategies.
Ageing Well In Golden Plains Strategy and Action Plan 2012 - 2016
Within the Golden Plains context, community development is a process by which governments, community groups and citizens work together to strengthen and advance the overall wellbeing of communities.
Whilst communities of interest will often form on the basis of geography, they will also form around other common interests or characteristics including demographics (e.g. young people and seniors), disability, arts, culture, recreation and schools.
Golden Plains Shire's Community Development Objectives are:
- To encourage and assist common interest groups to take an active involvement in the life of their community for the overall benefit of that community and its members.
- To help communities to help themselves to become stronger, more economically, environmentally and socially sustainable.
- To enhance leadership and other civic skills within communities so as to enhance the capacity of those communities to address local issues and challenges and to build vacant, healthy places.
- To develop a sense of community spirit, pride, ownership and identity within communities.
Whilst all Council program areas have a role to play in the achievement of meaningful and sustainable community development outcomes, the program areas which provide a particular opportunity for community development are:
- Arts and Culture
- Aged and Disability Services
- Children's Services
- Communications and Marketing
- Community Centres
- Community Planning
- Community Transport
- Economic Development
- Health Promotion
- Maternal and Child Health
- Recreation Planning and Construction
- Town Place Plans
- Youth Services
It should be noted that in addition to the specific program areas listed above, Council uses particular community development processes across the normal course of its business. These include community engagement techniques in the development of the Council Plan and their strategic plans (e.g. Urban Design Frameworks), the use of Community Based Design processes and the involvement of community groups and members in the management of community facilities.
Community Engagement Strategy and Action Plan 2016 - 2020
Early Years Infrastructure Plan 2011 - 2015
Economic Development and Tourism Strategy 2017 - 2021
The Golden Plains Shire Environment Strategy guides the management of the Shire's environment. This dynamic and broad ranging document identifies a series of actions to address a range of environmental issues.
The strategy was developed in consultation with the community.
Click on the link below to download a copy of the current strategy.
Events, Marketing and Communications Strategy
Events, Marketing and Communications Strategy 2015-2018 (14295 kb)
Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Action Plan 2017-2021
Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Action Plan 2017-2021 is a guide to working with our community to enhance health and wellbeing outcomes across the Shire. The Plan has been developed in partnership with community members and health and wellbeing agencies and began by considering local health and wellbeing data that informed us about current issues and trends. The Plan was also developed with Federal and State Government priorities in mind and in accordance with the Victorian Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
Golden Plains Shire has an obligation to contribute towards community fire safety. Council recognises the potential threat fire poses to the community and aims to reduce this threat by developing and implementing the Municipal Fire Management Plan.
Open Space Strategy 2013 - 2017
Golden Plains Shire - Open Space Strategy 2013-2017
The goal of the Open Space Strategy is to provide strategic direction when assessing the future provision of open space across the Golden Plains Shire over a five (5) year period. In consultation with Council and the community, ASR Research Pty Ltd have produced a report aimed at achieving the following objectives:
- An active, vibrant healthy and connected community.
- A profile of open space that Council and the community have the capacity to deliver, properly maintain and effectively manage.
- A range of suitably designed and accessible open space areas that are optimally used and adequately satisfy the various needs of the Golden Plains’ community, now and into the future.
- An equitable distribution of open space across the municipality.
- The protection, conservation and enhancement of open space areas with environmental and heritage values
Any decision in relation to open space within the Shire will be based on the level to which it satisfies strategic priorities outlined in the report. The report ranks action plan items according to a scoring system, however these rankings are used as a guide only and are subject to change.
Open Space Strategy 2013-17 (610 kb)
Paths and Trails Strategy 2013 - 2017
Golden Plains Shire – Paths and Trails Strategy 2013-2017
The goal of the Paths and Trails Strategy is to provide strategic direction when assessing whether to repair/upgrade/construct a path or trail within the Shire over a five (5) year period. In consultation with Council and the community, ASR Research Pty Ltd have produced a report aimed at achieving the following objectives:
- An active, vibrant healthy and connected community.
- A range of suitably designed and accessible paths and trails that are well used and maintained and adequately satisfy the various needs of the Golden Plains’ community, now and into the future.
- A profile of paths and trails that Council and the community have the capacity to deliver, properly maintain and effectively manage.
- An equitable distribution of paths and trails across the municipality.
Any decision to construct a path/trail will be based on the level to which it satisfies strategic priorities outlined in the report. The report ranks path development according to a scoring system, however these rankings are used as a guide only and are subject to change. Council wishes to convey its thanks to community members, council officers, and the consultant for their participation and cooperation in the development of these strategies.
Paths and Trails Strategy 2013-17 (2174 kb)
Road Management Plan
Golden Plains Shire Recreation Strategy 2015-19
This Recreation Strategy 2015 - 2019 outlines the Golden Plains Shire’s key directions and priorities for recreation provision in the Shire and the actions it will take during the period 2015 to 2019 to implement these directions and priorities. The information contained in the document is drawn from a review of relevant literature, an analysis of demographic and recreation trends, an assessment of current recreation program, service and facility provision and an extensive consultation process with key stakeholders.
The key aims of the Recreation Strategy are to:
- Assess the impact of demographic change/urban development on future recreation service and facility provision.
- Review the appropriateness, effectiveness and efficiency of Council’s recreation related processes and systems – internal and external.
- Identify the recreation services and facility needs of the Golden Plain’s community.
- Develop a prioritised set of achievable recommendations relating to recreation services and facility provision in Golden Plains Shire.
The purpose of the Youth Development Strategy is to guide Golden Plains Shire Council's Youth Development team over the next four years to achieve our vision: "That young people in Golden Plains Shire are healthy, resilient, enpowered and actively contribute to building a better world."
The Strategy is in two parts:
Youth Development Strategy Part A (2901 kb)
Youth Development Strategy Part B (2515 kb)