Research tells us that just a few hours of volunteer work makes a difference in people’s happiness.
It’s proven that volunteers are happier, healthier and even sleep better than those who don’t volunteer.
Volunteering offers individuals many other benefits including:
- Opportunity to learn or develop new skills
- Increased community connection
- Increased motivation and sense of achievement
- Broadening career options and exploring new fields
- Creating new interests and hobbies
- Meeting a diverse range of people
The community benefits include:
- Fostering of community spirit and pride
- Makes active, confident and resilient communities
- Connects people in new ways
- Makes communities healthy, inclusive and safe
- Develops local leaders
Golden Plains Shire Council honours the generous service of volunteers in Golden Plains Shire and many more around Australia and the world, for enriching our quality of life and social cohesion.
We thank each and every volunteer for their commitment and service; those in emergency services, sports, arts, health and in every community activity in and around the Shire.
Training Providers Within Golden Plains Shire
Click here for other Volunteering Opportunities.
Other Volunteering Organisations and services
- Volunteering Geelong: Promoting and Supporting Volunteering in Geelong
- Volunteering Victoria - State Peak for Volunteering
- Home - Volunteering Australia
- Volunteering Opportunities in Australia | GoVolunteer
Volunteer and help make Golden Plains Shire a great place to live!
To find out more about volunteering in the Golen Plains Shire by contacting Council’s Community Partnership Officer on 5220 7220.