Golden Plains Shire offers a lifestyle and opportunities that foster social, economic and environmental wellbeing. In partnership with the community we will provide strong leadership, encourage sustainable development and ensure quality services, to continue to improve the quality of life of residents.
Where people matter, communities are connected, and the future is bright.
We know that our work is important, and we take pride in doing the best job we can.
- We take accountability for actions and results.
- We recognise and celebrate our achievements.
- We lead our staff with trust and empowerment.
- We approach our work with energy and enthusiasm.
We treat each other with courtesy and respect, and are committed to keeping our environment safe, and free from judgement.
- We are inclusive and appreciate our diversity.
- We show compassion and kindness to one another.
- We bring a positive mindset to work and contribute to a positive culture.
We are committed to being authentic, honest and ethical in our work.
- We do what we say, and honour our commitments.
- We use open and transparent communication.
- We speak up when we see behaviours that compromise our values.
We partner together to achieve shared goals and deliver community focussed outcomes.
- We build and maintain productive relationships.
- We work resourcefully and united by shared goals.
- We work as a team to bring out the best in each other.
We are committed to delivering the best community experience and outcome that we are capable of providing.
- We conduct our work with professionalism.
- We seek opportunities to innovate and continuously improve.
- We effectively respond to the changing needs of the community.
Communities of Respect and Equality
Council is invested in communities where respect and equality are intrinsic values, and adopted the following resolution on Tuesday 28 June 2016:
- Acknowledges and expresses its support for the Communities of Respect and Equality (CoRE) Plan to prevent violence against women and their children across the Grampians Region; and
- Commits to being a member of the Grampians Communities of Respect and Equality (CoRE) Allegiance with the intention of working towards the vision outlined in the CoRE Plan, by undertaking activities that will support progress against one or more of the four strategic goals noted in the Plan".