Share Your Vision For Golden Plains
The Golden Plains Shire Community Vision 2040 will capture the hopes and aspirations of the Golden Plains community and ensure Council is planning for a bright future for all.
Facilitated by Golden Plains Shire Council, the Community Vision 2040 will outline how the entire Golden Plains community can work together towards common goals and meet the Shire’s needs, both now and into the future.
The Community Vision 2040 will be used to guide strategic planning and decision-making for the future of Golden Plains Shire through the development of the Council Plan 2021-2025 and beyond.
All residents are encouraged to complete the Community Vision 2040 survey to share their vision for the community. There are a number of ways residents can complete the survey:
- Online at goldenplains.vic.gov.au/consultations
- Pick up a postcard from one of Council’s Customer Service Centres in Bannockburn (2 Pope Street), Linton (68 Sussex Street) and Smythesdale (19 Heales Street).
- Fill out the paper survey included in the February edition of The Gazette
Residents can also chat with Council staff and Community Reference Group members at a Community Vision 2040 conversation post:
- 11am to 4pm, Sunday 23 February, Shelford Duck Race, Recreation Reserve, The Parade, Shelford
- 9am to 2pm, Sunday 23 February, Ross Creek-Smythes Creek Community Car Boot Sale, Recreation Reserve, Sebastopol-Smythesdale Road, Ross Creek
- 4 to 8pm, Friday 27 March, Bannockburn Skate Park Competition, 3 Moore Street, Bannockburn
- 10am to 2pm, Saturday 28 March, Meredith Sharing Shed Community Action Day, Meredith Interpretive Centre, 10 Wallace Street, Meredith
The survey closes 9am, Monday 30 March, 2020.
Last year, a Community Reference Group for the Community Vision 2040 was formed, representative of many demographics from townships across the Shire. Since then, the Community Reference Group has undertaken consultation training and workshops, and have shaped the current community engagement.
Golden Plains Shire Mayor Cr Owen Sharkey says the Community Vision 2040 is a fantastic opportunity for the community to shape the future of Golden Plains.
“Big ideas and projects often take significant time and commitment to make a reality, so we’re asking the community to look ahead and think about what Golden Plains will, and should, look like in 2040.”
“The Community Vision is a unique whole-of-community plan that will reflect local residents’ aspirations about the future of our Shire and guide decision-making toward this vision.”
“This round of engagement has been designed by the community, for the community. I encourage all residents to get on board and complete the Community Vision 2040 survey today.”