Council’s waste contractor, Cleanaway, has advised of proposed industrial action on Wednesday 17 May and Thursday 18 May 2023.
Council is committed to ensuring waste is collected. If your usual collection is Wednesday or Thursday, please leave your bins out until they are collected.
Council will continue to update our website to keep residents informed of any developments over the coming days.
Important information for residents:
- Disruption to kerbside collection services are most likely to affect Wednesday and Thursday.
- Place your garbage and recycling bin out on the kerbside on your usual day.
- If your bin is not emptied, leave it on the kerbside until the truck comes to collect it.
- Council recognises that your bin may need to be on the kerbside for longer than one day as permitted in Council's Local Law.
Who is impacted?
- Wednesday and Thursday collection areas
- Public litter and recycling bins in those collection areas
- Other waste service requests may be impacted
For further information, contact Golden Plains Shire Council customer experience team on 5220 7111.