Mayoral Youth Program
The Mayoral Youth Program’s Community Impact Awards recognises and celebrates the positive contributions local young people already make to our community, while encouraging new young people to be more actively involved in their communities.
Nominations are now open for Round Two of Golden Plains Shire Council’s Mayoral Youth Program 2019-2020.
The Mayoral Youth Program’s Community Impact Awards recognise and celebrate the positive contributions local young people already make to our community, while encouraging new young people to be more actively involved in their communities.
Young people who demonstrate a positive impact to an individual, group or the environment will be eligible for a $50 Officeworks voucher and will receive a framed certificate of achievement at a special awards event.
To be eligible young people must:
- Be aged 12 to 18 years at the time of completing their community impact activity
- Be a resident of Golden Plains Shire Council
- Have completed their community impact within six months prior to the submission date
- Prove that the community impact was unpaid, unrewarded or not reimbursed
- Prove that the community impact had a positive outcome on an individual, group or the environment
- Prove that the community impact was fair, safe and inclusive
- Submit their nomination within the nomination period
Community groups who support young people to make a positive community impact will also be recognised and rewarded for their contribution.
Nominate online via the link below, or contact Council's Customer Service team at 5220 7111 for a hard copy nomination form.
Nominations must be received by Friday, 31 July 2020. For more informaton about the Mayoral Youth Program Community Impact Awards, contact the Youth Development Team at (03) 5220 7106 or email@example.com.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Council has been unable to celebrate the achievements of those young people nominated in Round One of the program, which closed in March. Golden Plains Shire Council will now hold events later in the year to present award-winners from both rounds with their certificates and vouchers.