Golden Plains Shire has two local laws which, as the name implies, are laws enforced throughout the municipality. Other municipalities have their own local laws.
ABOUT LOCAL LAWS
Council's local laws cover a broad range of issues and activities including:
- Council meeting procedures
- Unsightly land
- Shipping containers
- Dilapidated buildings
- Camping - for information relating to camping on private land click here. - Application for permit
- Keeping of more than 2 dogs or 2 cats - Application for permit
- Keeping of animals of private property - Application for permit
- Road Occupation for Works (Hoarding) - Application for permit
- Burning of offensive materials
- Motorbikes and Motorised Vehicles on Private Property - Application for Permit
- General activities on roads - Application for permit
- Signs on road reserves
- Roadside displays (A-frame business signs, items for sale)
- Outdoor eating facilities
- Trees on road reserves
- Droving of livestock
- Grazing of livestock on roads - Application for permit
- Skip Bins - Application to place a skip bin
Local Law No. 1 – Council Meeting Procedures & Common Seal
The objectives of Local Law No. 1 ‘Council Meeting Procedures & Common Seal’ are to provide a mechanism to facilitate the good government of the Council, promote and encourage community participation in local government, regulate the control of officials and provide for the administration of Councils powers and functions.
Please see the below links to view Local Law No. 1 - Council Meeting Procedures & Common Seal:
Local Law No. 2 – General Public Amenity
The objectives of Local Law No. 2 ‘General Public Amenity’ is to provide a safe and healthy environment for residents of Golden Plains Shire. It also helps ensure residents are given an opportunity to enjoy a quality of life that enhances their well-being whilst protecting a range of public assets and values. This is achieved through a variety of clauses that regulate, prohibit, facilitate or place controls over a wide range of activities.
Please see the below links to view Local Law No.2 - General Public Amenity and associated documents.