Council is requesting an Expression of Interest from six suitably qualified creative practitioners interested in conducting teaching workshops at the Bannockburn Library beginning in January and throughout 2024. The Art Series is a continuation of the successful pilot series held in 2023 with six workshops held in the Bannockburn Library space by local artists.
Art qualifications need not be formal but you need to show evidence of previous work processes that are transferable to a general audience. Preferences are given to those whose:
- Practices are innovative and offer new experiences to the community (new materials, techniques or mediums).
- Workshops are suitable for library spaces (eg no spray paints or hazardous materials).
- Workshops to be limited to 10-12 people
This workshop series is a Golden Plains Shire Council and Geelong Regional Library Corporation initiative.
Golden Plains Shire Council will:
- Provide artist fee payment as per the NAVA Code of Conduct Fee Schedule, including travel and materials fee
- Provide a group induction and gathering in January at the library to discuss dates, times, participant numbers and refine workshops.
Bannockburn Library will:
- Liaise and support you in the leadup to the workshop.
- Initiate and manage workshop communications and promotions and promoting your profile.
- Provide suitable spaces for the workshops from each individual artist for promotional materials leading up to each event.
- Manage Eventbrite Bookings and liaise with you about numbers.
- Create online event on GRLC website for registrations and a promotional poster for each individual event approximately six weeks prior to each event.
- Provide evaluation and feedback.
How to apply
To apply, please email your Expression of Interest to [email protected]
In your Expression of Interest, please include:
- Description of your proposed workshop.
- A Resume and description of your practice.
Please note – successful applicants will need to provide a Working With Children’s Check and Public Liability Insurance.
Application closing date is Monday 27 November 2023.
For more information, please contact Council's Arts Advisor on 5220 7320 or [email protected]