The Golden Plains Shire Council Community Awards 2022 are an opportunity to formally acknowledge extraordinary individuals and community groups who make an outstanding contribution to the Golden Plains Shire in fields including community service, arts and culture, environment, business, economic development and sport.
Nominees must be Australian citizens, who either live or work in Golden Plains Shire and who have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years.
Nominations for the Golden Plains Shire Council Community Awards 2022 were open from 3 October to 21 November.
What Happens Next:
Nominations closed at 5pm on Monday 21 November. All nominations will be considered by the selection panel of all Golden Plains Shire Councillors, who will determine the Golden Plains Shire Council Community Awards 2022 recipients.
The selection criteria for the Golden Plains Shire Council Community Awards 2022 includes:
- The scope of impact the individual/group has made in Golden Plains Shire or the nominee’s local community.
- Degree of difficulty of the achievement(s) and sacrifices made.
- The nominee’s achievements in the year immediately prior to receiving the award, as well as their past achievements and ongoing contribution to the community.
- The nominee’s personal, academic and professional achievements and how he/she has used their skills to give back to the community.
- Our diverse Shire – consideration may be given to gender, age, ethnicity and field of endeavour.
Note: Weight is not given to the number of times a nominee is nominated.