Murgheboluc Hall and Recreation Reserve

Main gate to the Murgheboluc reserve with the bluestone hall visible in the background.

The Murgheboluc Hall is a beautiful bluestone building built in 1855. It was used as the local school from 1855 until 1934 and had up to 100 students. The building and surrounding grounds have been used as a Public Hall and Recreation Reserve since the early 1920’s under the management of the Murgheboluc Hall Committee representing The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning. 

Venue description: There is a main room with floor boards, high ceiling, a small corner stage and fireplace.

The extension on the west side of the building has painted concrete floors and includes a kitchen, two bathrooms and storage area.

Main hall: 6 x 13.7m

Stage: small triangle in the front corner, approximately 2x1.5m

Access: front and back doors have one small step. 

Furniture: wooden pew /bench seats x 2 around the perimeter of the hall, 60 plastic chairs chairs, 4 trestle tables

Other equipment: Piano

Heating: Fireplace (must supply own firewood and ensure completely out and no hot coals prior to leaving)

Kitchen: fridge freezer, microwave, double sink, kettle, some cutlery, bowls and plates, urn.

Outdoor power points x 3

The recreation reserve area includes an oval, children’s playground and picnic table with undercover area. There is a dam within the reserve and it is NOT fenced off. Please watch children at all times and take care.

Rate this page

Is this page useful?