Find out about disposing dangerous or hazardous items.
To find out how to correctly dispose of these materials, please click on the links in the safe disposal resources section. Never put these items in the bin or pour them down the sink as they are hazardous to human health and the environment!
- Household Chemicals
- Farm Chemicals
- Farm Chemical Containers
- TV’s/ Computers
Safe disposal resources
- Detox Your Home– toxic household chemicals
- Drummuster – a recycling pathway for eligible empty agvet chemical containers for Australian agricultural and veterinary chemical users.
- Asbestos disposal – government site providing information around the risks of asbestos, how to comply with your duties, and resources for managing and removing asbestos in homes and workplaces.
- Returnmed.com.au - safe disposal of medicine
- ChemClear – safe disposal of farm chemicals
- Sustainability Victoria Household Waste and Recycling page – gives information on where and how to dispose of hazardous materials