Family Day Care is an approved care and education service that focuses on each individual child’s development, while providing high quality early learning in an educator’s own home or in-venue.
In small groups, children will enjoy a natural approach to play and discovery, and form genuine lasting bonds with their qualified and passionate early childhood educator, while you will enjoy peace of mind knowing your child is happy in a nurturing, natural and flexible home learning environment.
Our educators are contracted by the Golden Plains Shire Council and are overseen by the Team Leader Family Day Care who offers a range of support services, professional development and resources.
Family Day Care Hours of Operation
The hours of operation are set by the individual Family Day Care Educator. Care is available Monday to Friday.
Golden Plains Shire Council in consultation with our FDC educators set the hourly rates and charges annually. Rates compare favourably with other child care services.
From 2 July 2018 the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) replaced the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). For further information and to determine your eligibility please visit Services Australia - Child Care Subsidy or call the Centrelink Families Line on 136 150, Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm.
Quality of Care
- Family Day Care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of child care, which incorporates National Regulations, National Quality Standards educational frameworks and and an assessment and ratings process.
- Children in care are provided with rich learning experiences to stimulate thinking, curiosity and foster
- The service is regulated by the Department of Education and Training (DET)
- The Team Leader Family Day Care provides a range of support services, professional development and resources to help educators provide a high level of care
- The educator's home or the approved venue is audited to meet safety regulations to ensure the wellbeing of our families and our educators.
Our educators are required to hold the following qualifications:
- Certificate III in Childrens Services (or must be working towards)
- A Police Check and Working with Children Check for all adults 18 years and over living in the home
- Current First Aid training including CPR, Asthma Management and Anaphylaxis Awareness
Join our Family Day Care team!
Golden Plains Shire Council is seeking Family Day Care Educators.
Family Day Care provides early learning and social development in the Educator’s own home. Your home. You’ll get to work with small groups of children, fostering a natural approach to play and discovery, while building long lasting bonds.
As a Family Day Care Educator, you can enjoy working from home, set your own operating hours, develop your own learning programs, help shape the future of children and combine your passion for children with running your own business (with support from Council).
For a more flexible and rewarding career in early education, Family Day Care isn’t just the right choice – it’s the natural one.
If you have a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, contact the Bannockburn Family Services Centre on 5220 7230 to find out about progressing your career with Golden Plains Shire Council as a Family Day Care Educator.
Click below to read our Family Day Care Educator fact sheet, with Frequently Asked Questions to help paint a clear picture of the role, and how to get started.
Contact & Enquiries
For more information about using the service or if you are interested in becoming an educator with Golden Plains Shire Council, please contact the Team Leader Family Day Care on 03 5220 7230 or email: [email protected]