Bringing Up Great Kids: Parenting Adolescents is a six-week supportive program for parents with children aged 10 to 18 years.
This is a reflective, mindful, respectful program that provides parents with an opportunity to reflect on parenting their adolescents. The program provides a friendly and safe environment for parents to learn from each other as they continue their parenting journey.
Program content supports parents and carers to:
- Learn more about the origins of their own parenting style and how it can be more effective;
- Identify the important messages they want to convey to their adolescent and how to achieve this;
- Learn more about brain development during the adolescent period and its influence on their thoughts, feelings and behaviour;
- Explore the meaning and context behind adolescents’ behaviours, and how to respond to the underlying feelings and needs;
- Explore new ways of communicating with adolescents;
- Discover ways for parents to take care of themselves and to find support when they need it and practice self-compassion.
For Registrations contact:
Meli Child and Family Services
For further enquiries:
Heather Anderson, Golden Plains Shire Council
Event Date and Time
Bannockburn Cultural Centre (Barwon Room)
27 High Street
Bannockburn VIC 3331