Expression of Interest for the activation and management of the Linton Community Hub closed at 5pm, Friday 26 November, 2021.
Council is conducting a new Expression of Interest process for the activation and management of the Linton Community Hub.
Once home to the old Shire of Grenville, the historic building in the heart of Linton was most recently used as a limited Customer Service Centre, meeting space and office for Council. Following an upgrade to Council’s Smythesdale Customer Service Centre at The Well to allow for a full-time service, customer services were transitioned out of the Linton Community Hub in 2020.
In order to ensure the building remains active and accessible to the community, Council is inviting interested residents or community groups to form a Committee of Management for all or part of the building. The Committee will enter into a Management Agreement with Golden Plains Shire Council to manage and activate the facility, including facilitating community bookings and usage of the building’s rooms.
In December 2020 and January 2021, Council invited local residents to guide the management, activation and future use of the prominent building, and eight community members joined an initial exploratory group.
Following a number of meetings in 2021, the group did not resolve to form a Committee of Management and Council is re-opened the Expression of Interest process with new options available.
Applicants will be considered based on the following criteria:
- The applicant is committed to delivering a model that encourages and facilitates further community use of the facility including for local events, activities and business opportunities.
- The applicant has an interest in and commitment to the Linton community.
- The applicant is willing to become a member of an incorporated committee, or is an incorporated committee already, that will enter into a Management Agreement with Golden Plains Shire Council to manage and activate the facility, or part of facility, including the facilitation of community bookings/usage of the space.
Applicants could express interest in all or part of the following spaces within the Linton Community Hub:
- Shire Council Chamber Hall, Anti-Room and Kitchen
- Shire Office Space, including two offices and reception area.
- Former Health area, including Anti-Room/Reception and Main Room/Storage
- Former Golden Plains Arts Room
Expressions of Interest closed at 5pm, Friday 26 November, 2021.
What Happens Next
Following the EOI process, Council will consider the applications and contact the successful applicants in mid-December.
Council will facilitate the development of the Management Agreement with the appointed applicants and support the group under Council’s community management model. For further information on the roles and responsibilities, a copy of the Management Agreement used by Council is available upon request.
It is anticipated that the newly formed Committee will first meet in early 2022.
29 October 2021
Expressions of Interest open
26 November 2021
Expressions of Interest close
17 December 2021
Successful applicants advised
Anticipated first meeting of successful members