The Golden Plains Shire Council Community Awards 2023 are an opportunity to formally acknowledge extraordinary individuals and community groups who make an outstanding contribution to the Golden Plains Shire in fields including community service, arts and culture, environment, business, economic development and sport.
Nominees must be Australian citizens, who either live or work in Golden Plains Shire and who have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years.
Nominations are open from Monday 9 October until 5pm, Monday 20 November for: Citizen of the Year, Senior Citizen of the Year, Young Citizen of the Year and the Community Impact Award which acknowledges the significant contributions of a community event, project, group, or team.
An awards ceremony, scheduled for early 2024, will serve as the platform to recognise nominees and unveil the Community Award recipients.
Nominations Golden Plains Shire Council Community Awards were open from Monday 9 October until 5pm, Monday 20 November.
- Citizen of the Year - all age categories.
- Young Citizen of the Year - up to and including 25 years of age.
- Senior Citizen of the Year - 65 years of age or over.
- Community Impact Award - recognising a community event, project, group or team.
What Happens Next:
All nominations will be considered by the selection panel of all Golden Plains Shire Councillors, who will determine the Golden Plains Shire Council Community Awards 2023 recipients.
The selection criteria for the Golden Plains Shire Council Community Awards 2023 includes:
- The scope of impact the individual/group has made in Golden Plains Shire or the nominee’s local community.
- Degree of difficulty of the achievement(s) and sacrifices made.
- The nominee’s achievements in the year immediately prior to receiving the award, as well as their past achievements and ongoing contribution to the community.
- The nominee’s personal, academic and professional achievements and how he/she has used their skills to give back to the community.
- Our diverse Shire – consideration may be given to gender, age, ethnicity and field of endeavour.
Note: Weight is not given to the number of times a nominee is nominated.
For more information about the GPSC Community Awards 2023, email [email protected] or call 5220 7111.