Font Size
-A A +A
Search Search

Permit to Burn

Share this:

Permit to burn - Applications

During the Fire Danger Period (FDP) A Schedule 13 permit may be issued to an individual person under Section 38(1) of the Country Fire Authority Act 1958, to enable that person to burn off grass, stubble, weeds, scrub, undergrowth or other vegetation. Permits are usually issued to farmers late in the FDP to allow them to conduct stubble burning.


Applications for permits to burn for agricultural purposes are available from Council offices at Bannockburn, Linton and Smythesdale or on the Golden Plains Shire Council website. Applicants must submit their applications in person, via email or post to their relevant CFA office. If you are unaware of your CFA District, please check last years permit or contact Golden Plains Shire Council on 5220 7111.


District 7 CFA have a Frequently Asked Questions document which can be found here


CFA Contact Details

CFA District 7 (Geelong)

PO Box 586 North Geelong VIC 3215 (5240 2700)

Schedule 13 Permit to Burn Application - D7


CFA District 15 (Ballarat)

PO Box 242 Wendouree VIC 3355 (5329 5500)

Schedule 13 Permit to Burn Application - D15


CFA District 6 (Colac)

PO Box 298 Colac VIC 3250 (5232 5600)

Schedule 13 Permit to Burn Application - D6



Council does not issue permits to residents to burn off garden waste piles or for other purposes during the Fire Danger Period.






Rate this Page

Page Last Updated:

Monday, 24 February 2020 - 2:00pm


Council acknowledges the traditional Wadawurrung owners of this land. Council pays its respects to Wadawurrung Elders both past and present and extends that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People who are part of Golden Plains Shire.