Font Size
-A A +A
Search Search

Golden Plains Shire Council is in caretaker mode during the Election Period from 12pm, Tuesday 22 September to 6pm, Saturday 24 October, 2020. For more information, click here.

Local Avian Influenza Update: To stay-up-date on current advice and restrictions for all Golden Plains Shire bird owners, click here.


Share this:

Annoyed by Noise?

Nuisance Complaint Form and Diary

Report an issue

Noise can be from either residential and/or commercial sources. The Annoyed by Noise booklet produced by the EPA provides information on dealing with noise from residential sources. For noise from a commercial or industrial source, please visit the EPA website.

The best approach for dealing with noisy neighbours is to talk to them and work together on a solution to settle the problem. Sometimes neighbours are not aware that they are making unreasonable noise, or that they are disturbing you. Often talking to them can resolve your noise issue.

If you have spoken to your neighbour, and the noise continues, please complete the Nuisance Complaint Form and Diary for a minimum of two (2) weeks if you wish to submit a complaint with Council.

How to complete the diary:

  • Fill in as much detail as you can;
  • Each observation needs its own entry (or statement) in this diary - this makes it clearer to differentiate observations over time; and
  • Each entry should contain enough information to assist you to prepare a formal statement, if requested at a later date.

Environmental Health

More Information

Rate this Page

Page Last Updated:

Friday, 7 June 2019 - 3:45pm


Council acknowledges the traditional Wadawurrung owners of this land. Council pays its respects to Wadawurrung Elders both past and present and extends that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People who are part of Golden Plains Shire.