Font Size
-A A +A
Search Search

Local Avian Influenza Update: Restrictions on the movement and sale of poultry products around Lethbridge remain. Click here to find out more.

Places of public entertainment - occupancy permits

Share this:

Places of public entertainment

To be a ‘place of public entertainment’ means:

        (a)  a prescribed building or building in a prescribed class of buildings which is used or intended to be used for the purpose of providing public entertainment; or

        (b)  a prescribed place or place in a prescribed class of places—

              (i)  which is enclosed or substantially enclosed; or

              (ii)  to which admission can be gained by payment of money or the giving of other consideration—

and which is used or intended to be used for the purpose of providing public entertainment.

When you need an occupancy permit

Occupancy permits are required prior to conducting entertainment in a place of public entertainment, regardless of whether building work has been carried out.

Applications for an occupancy for a place of public entertainment are made to the Municipal Building Surveyor. Large temporary structures also require Siting of Temporary Structures which require an occupancy permit from the Victorian Building Authority for the temporary structure.

See the Victorian Building Authority's Practice Note  PN-66-2013-Occupancy-Permits-for-Places-of-Public-Entertainment.pdf

An application form for an Occupancy Permit for a Place of Public Entertainemtn can be submitted with the relevant documentation through Council's online building portal here. Registration is required only once to access the portal.


Back to building


More Information

Rate this Page

Page Last Updated:

Wednesday, 13 May 2020 - 4:02pm


Council acknowledges the traditional Wadawurrung owners of this land. Council pays its respects to Wadawurrung Elders both past and present and extends that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People who are part of Golden Plains Shire.