Benefits of Working at Golden Plains Shire Council
Working at Golden Plains Shire, you will be rewarded with flexible working arrangements, work/life balance, an attractive salary, a study assistance program and an encouraging and supportive work environment.
Employment opportunities at Golden Plains Shire are diverse and include such areas as Planning and Engineering, Outdoor Work Maintenance, Child & Family Services, Aged & Disability Services, Community Development, Finance, IT, Economic Development and Administration.
Employees are engaged on a full time, part time and casual basis with roles located across both the North of the Shire including Linton and Smythesdale and the South of the Shire in Bannockburn.
Commitment to staff development
- Comprehensive induction program for new employees
- Internal training program which includes information technology, management, legislative and health and safety training
- Access to attend external training courses
- Study Leave program to support permanent employees undertaking further study
Family Friendly and Flexible Working Arrangements
- If you are a full time staff member, you are eligible to participate in the Rostered Day Off (RDO) arrangement
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Ability to purchase up to additional four weeks annual leave per annum
- Breast feeding facilities
- Salary sacrificing options for the Golden Plains Shire Long Day Care
Commitment to staff wellbeing and engagement
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing staff access to external counsellors, located in both Ballarat and Geelong
- Annual Staff Awards that recognise and reward exceptional performance by an individual staff member of a team
- Social Club that provides many benefits to employees including discounted products to purchase in the workplace, themed lunches and special events throughout the year for the employee and their family