Font Size
-A A +A
Search Search

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: For the latest COVID-19 information and changes to Council services, click here.

Customer Service

Share this:

If you have any queries, concerns, requests or complaints please feel free to contact Customer Service.

Contact Us

Some of the Main Services We Provide

Change of Address

Any amendments or changes of address must be done by completing our Change of details form.  You can contact Customer Service to obtain a change of details form, or download one by here

Pension Concession

To find out if your eligible for a concession on your rates and/or domestic animal registrations, contact Customer Service or present your concession card to one of our Customer Service Offices. You must hold a current Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Pensioner Concession Card, or a DVA Repatriation Health Card specifying 'War Widow'. (Note: Holders of a Health Care Card are not eligible for a concession). There is no need to re-apply if we already have your details.

Rates Enquiries

The staff in the Customer Service Centre can help you with the information you require regarding rates. They can also assist you with payment options, change of address and change of name queries.

Garbage & Recycling Enquiries

If you wish to start a new service, enquire about an existing service, or if your bin hasn't been collected, contact Customer Service. If you would like any additional information, please refer to our Garbage & Recycling page. An application form for an Addition to Garbage and Recycling Service can be downloaded. 

Domestic Animal Registration

For a new registration you will need to fill out an Animal Registration Form available from the Customer Service Centre or one can be found here.  Your animals desexing and/or microchipping certificates must be attached when submitted.

For a permit to own more than 2 dogs or cats - download form by clicking here.

NOTE: Council must not register a dog or cat that has not been implanted with a microchip after the 1 May 2007. This includes previously registered dogs and cats that move into the Golden Plains Shire from another Shire.

Disabled Parking Permits

Find more information about disabled parking permit please click here, or contact Customer Service on 5220 7111.

Road Maintenance Requests

The Customer Service Officers can help you with any concerns, requests or complaints you may have about a road, foot path, bridge etc. They will take down all the necessary information from you, and pass it onto the relevant Officer. 

Complaints Handling

This procedure applies to complaints received by Council from residents and ratepayers.  Please click here to download a copy of the Standard Operating Procedure.

Report an issue

More Information

Rate this Page

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Page Last Updated:

Thursday, 10 June 2021 - 9:41am


Council acknowledges the traditional Wadawurrung owners of this land. Council pays its respects to Wadawurrung Elders both past and present and extends that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People who are part of Golden Plains Shire.