Volunteers are not only helping make the lives of everyone around them happier, they too are happier as a result.
Research tells us that just a few hours of volunteer work makes a difference in people’s happiness.
It’s proven that volunteers are happier, healthier and even sleep better than those who don’t volunteer.
Volunteering offers individuals many other benefits including:
- Opportunity to learn or develop new skills
- Increased community connection
- Increased motivation and sense of achievement
- Broadening career options and exploring new fields
- Creating new interests and hobbies
- Meeting a diverse range of people
The community benefits include:
- Fostering of community spirit and pride
- Makes active, confident and resilient communities
- Connects people in new ways
- Makes communities healthy, inclusive and safe
- Develops local leaders
Golden Plains Shire Council honours the generous service of volunteers in Golden Plains Shire and many more around Australia and the world, for enriching our quality of life and social cohesion.
We thank each and every volunteer for their commitment and service; those in emergency services, sports, arts, health and in every community activity in and around the Shire.
The Volunteer Training Program is open to all volunteers in Golden Plains Shire. Whether you deliver community transport, meals on wheels or are from a local sporting club, committee of management or other community group, there’s sure to be something to interest you on your training journey. These training sessions are designed to further develop your skills and provide support in your role.
Free Online Training
- Food Safety Introductory
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Refresher Course
- AIS Training Modules - (Assisting coaches to learn the basic skills of coaching, particularly those coaches working with children. The course is currently free of charge to Australian coaches.
Training Providers Within Golden Plains Shire
Click here for other Volunteering Opportunities.
Volunteer and help make Golden Plains Shire a great place to live!
To find out more about how you can volunteer contact Council’s Community Partnership Officer on 5220 7220.