Recognising Citizens who take part in State or National Level Sporting Competition
Golden Plains Shire would like to recognise citizens who take part in State or National level sporting competitions.
Council values the role active living and healthy eating play in strong and connected community.
To encourage and support this as much as possible Council would like to recognise any citizens who achieve State team selection or above (ie National), and/ or any citizen who wins at State level or above via a presentation at the monthly Council meetings.
Citizens recognised receive a framed letter of congratulations under seal and a grant to the value of $250 for an individual or $500 for a team of two or more. The following criteria apply:
- Recipients must be involved in amateur competition;
- Recipients are eligible to receive assistance under this policy only once; and
- Recipients must be a resident or representing the Golden Plains Shire.
To apply for citizen recognition
If you or someone you know may be eligible for recognition please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the folowing information:
- Name of citizen
- Best contact number
- Residental and postal address
- Event name
- Event date
- Evidence of participation.