WORKS UPDATE—MARCH 2017
Below is an update on some of Council’s current community infrastructure projects:
SMYTHESDALE OVAL UPGRADE
(See header image for a progress shot of the upgrade)
- demolition – cricket wickets, fencing
- goal post installation
- new concrete cricket wicket
- sub‑surface and surface drainage infrastructure
- spectator fencing
- installation of 150mm compacted depth turf sand capping
- establishment of a natural turf sports surface fit for Australian Rules Football and Cricket comprised of a mix of warm season (Couch) and cool season (Rye) grasses
- existing irrigation system is to remain and be modified to fit new design levels with a new irrigation control system to be installed.
Drainage has been completed and the sand layer is now being installed. Works to follow include installation of cricket wicket and irrigation system—these will begin shortly.
Work is expected to be completed in May 2017.
BANNOCKBURN SOCCER PAVILION
The Bannockburn Soccer Pavilion is a significant project for Council. This project was identified as a priority in Council’s Recreation Strategy, the Bannockburn Community Infrastructure Development Plan, and the G21 Football Development Plan.
The facility will incorporate change rooms, amenities, multi‑purpose room, first aid area, commercial kitchen, storage areas, perimeter fence and coach’s box to service the recently constructed soccer pitch.
Fence posts and drainage have been installed. Fencing, interior floor works and painting is underway.
Work is expected to be completed in April 2017.
BANNOCKBURN CRICKET NETS
Works included construction of three individual cricket training nets that can be converted into one full‑size multi‑use synthetic training area. Construction of the new nets also addresses ongoing maintenance issues, serviceability and overall safety aspects of the existing facilities.
Construction is now complete and Council is awaiting the official opening.
For further information on any of these projects, please contact us on 5220 7111 and ask for an officer in the Works Department. Alternatively, click the link below.