Volunteer Drivers Wanted
Do you enjoy driving and meeting new people?
Want to make a difference in your community?
Interested in joining a great volunteer team?
Council has a number of volunteer drivers who provide safe and supported transportation for the Shire’s elderly and residents with a disability to attend appointments. There are also volunteering opportunities to assist with Delivered Meals, Planned Activity Groups, Kindergarten Committees and Playgroups, as well as through the Community Planning program.
Volunteering offers individuals many benefits, including:
- Opportunity to learn and develop new skills;
- Increased community connection;
- Broadening career options and exploring new fields;
- Creating new interests and hobbies; and
- Meeting a diverse range of people.
The community benefits of volunteer work include:
- Fostering community spirit and pride;
- Creates active, confident and resilient communities;
- Connects people in new ways;
- Makes communities healthy, inclusive and safe; and
- Develops local leaders.
Council recently asked two of its volunteer drivers, Bob and Rod, about their experience volunteering with Golden Plains Shire Council. Check out their video below.
Golden Plains Shire Council is grateful for the generous service and commitment of volunteers in the Shire.
If you’d like to become a volunteer driver or you’re interested in other volunteering opportunities with Council, please contact Council’s Community Partnerships Officer at 5220 7111 or email email@example.com.