The Federal Government is calling for submissions to the 2018 Regional Telecommunications Review. Golden Plains residents and businesses who are experiencing telecommunications issues are encouraged to make a submission.
The Committee will:
- Consider how regional communities can maximise the economic benefits of digital technologies
- Consider how regional consumers use their broadband services and how they might derive more benefits, and
- Analyse the coverage outcomes achieved through the Mobile Black Spot Program, and examine the extent of the existing gaps in mobile coverage in regional Australia.
The Committee has released an issues paper which provides an overview of their key areas of interest; these include:
- How are regional Australians using telecommunications services?
- Government investment
- Alternative and emerging technologies
- Re-thinking consumer protections and policies
Golden Plains Shire Council is considering making submission. If you experience telecommunications issues that you would like Council to raise on your behalf, please email firstname.lastname@example.org - attention Senior Economic Development Officer.
For more information on the 2018 Regional Telecommunications Review, click here.