Our tips for staying safe and cool in summer
Tuesday, 19 December 2017 - 1:00pm
Summer is here, so as the temperatures continue to rise here are a few tips on how to keep cool during extreme heat or a heatwave.
- For life-threatening emergencies call 000.
- Drink water regularly.
- Keep out of the heat as much as possible.
- Stay as cool as possible: why not visit one of our air-conditioned centres, such as the Bannockburn Library and Cultural Centre or The Well in Smythesdale, or even stop into a cool shopping centre in your town.
- Check in on elderly or vulnerable neighbours.
- Take care of your pets – make sure they have shelter and water. Monitor them for signs of heat stress. Check out this list of tips from the RSPCA: http://bit.ly/2kfd4T6
- Never leave children or pets in cars.