Local Communities Make Tidy Towns Final Cut
Communities from across Golden Plains Shire feature prominently in the list of finalists for this year’s Keep Victoria Beautiful Tidy Towns Awards.
Announced on Friday 26 June, six local community groups and one Golden Plains Shire township have been named finalists across five categories for the organisation’s Sustainable Communities – Tidy Towns awards:
Overall 2020 Tidy Town Finalist
- Turtle Bend Events Committee – Teesdale Celebrates
- Bannockburn Community Planning Group Inc – Advocacy for the Teesdale to Bannockburn Cycling Path
- Ross Creek – Smythes Creek Community Group – Car Boot Sale
- Ross Creek Landcare Group – Ongoing commitment to Ross Creek Nature Reserve
- Friends of Bannockburn Bush – Cleaning up the Bush
- Friends of Bannockburn Bush – Protecting the Bush
History & Culture Finalist
- Meredith History Interest Group – Significant Trees of Meredith & District
Indigenous Culture Finalist
- Bannockburn Community Planning Group Inc – Advocacy for the Milton Street Ironbark Arbour
Keep Victoria Beautiful’s Sustainable Communities – Tidy Towns Awards recognise, celebrate and share grassroots initiatives and positive actions taken by community groups, educational institutions, businesses and councils in regional and rural Victoria. The Tidy Towns Awards program has been running since 1982. The winners of each award category will be announced on 5 September 2020.
You can find out more about Keep Victoria Beautiful and the Tiday Towns Awards at the link below: