Have your say on Lethbridge road name
Community members are invited to share their feedback on Council’s intention to name an un-named road in Lethbridge, Capron Lane.
Council received a request from a resident to name a section of unmade road leading to their property, which would allow it to be added to Council’s road register for maintenance and grading. Naming the road will also better assist postal and emergency services to easily locate the property.
Following consultation with the resident and receiving in-principle support from the Victorian Office of Geographic Names, Council endorsed the intention to name the road ‘Capron Lane’ at last night’s March Council Meeting, and invited public feedback on the name. The Office of Geographic Names gave in-principle support for the name based on the following information:
- W. Capron was an original landowner in the area as shown on the parish plan;
- The Capron family owned a large dairy farm in nearby Russells Bridge; and
- There is evidence to show that the section of road was previously known as ‘Capron Lane’, but the name had not been registered.
Following last night’s Council Meeting, feedback is now open on the name Capron Lane until 5pm, Friday 23 April, 2021. Members of the public can share their thoughts on the proposed name or submit a different name nomination:
- Online here
- By email to [email protected]
- By post addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Golden Plains Shire Council, PO Box 111, Bannockburn VIC 3331
All name submissions must comply with the Victorian Government’s Naming Rules for Places in Victoria, which is available at land.vic.gov.au/place-naming.
Once the consultation period ends, all submissions will be collated and presented to Council for consideration at its May Council Meeting on 25 May 2021.