GPS destinations - Bunjil Lookout, Maude
6 reasons we love the Bunjil Lookout in Maude
1. It's a beautiful structure with intricate hand-carvings of the Bunjil Eagle story, which is the indigenous creation story of Kulin land (Golden Plains is on Kulin land).
2. It boasts a spectacular view of the Moorabool Valley (we are lucky to have access to these picturesque landscapes!)
3. It offers a cute picnic spot for families.
4. It's only 30 minutes from Geelong, which helps attract tourists to the Shire ─ great for local businesses!
5. It's multi-purpose ─ it's not just great for a spontaneous family outing, it can be (and is) used for weddings, reunions, community events and celebrations of all types.
6. Most importantly, we love it because it was a community-led project ─ created and followed through by Maude residents, and supported by Council and Regional Development Victoria.
You can find the Bunjil Lookout on Steiglitz Road, Maude. It's a sight to see indeed!
Image credit: Stephen Axford