Fire Danger Period 2020/21 Ends
The Fire Danger Period ended in Golden Plains Shire at 1am this morning, Tuesday 6 April, 2021.
While the official Fire Danger Period has come to an end, Council encourages residents to remain vigilant about fire.
If residents are planning to burn off their garden waste pile, they need to make sure they have:
- Checked the fire danger rating. Do not burn off unless the rating is Low-Moderate
- Registered their burn off at firepermits.vic.gov.au or call 1800 668 511
- Notified their neighbours
- The means to immediately extinguish the fire
- Cleared all around the burn pile
A responsible adult must be in attendance of their burn offs at all times, and must ensure the fire is fully extinguished before leaving it unattended.
To check the Fire Danger Rating, visit cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/central-fire-district.
Residents are reminded that they cannot burn off offensive materials, including chemicals, rubber, plastic, petrol, oil, paint, treated timber, furniture or mattresses. To report a pile of these items ready to be burnt, please contact Council at 5220 7111 and speak with a Community Protection Officer.
To find out more about fire prevention in Golden Plains Shire, visit goldenplains.vic.gov.au/fire-prevention.