CYCLING CLASSIC COMING THROUGH GOLDEN PLAINS
On Saturday 15 October 2016, around mid-morning through to lunch time, some roads in Golden Plains will be affected by the prestigious Melbourne to Warrnambool Cycling Classic.
This 100-year-old race, which will shine a light on some of Golden Plains' stunning landscapes, will pass through a number of roads and highways in the Shire:
• Ballarat Midland Highway, A300 from Anakie Ballan Road to Blackall Road
• Blackall Road from Ballarat Midland Highway A300 to Hamilton Highway
• Hamilton Highway from Blackall Road, through Murgheboluc and Inverleigh to Inverleigh - Shelford Road
• Inverleigh – Shelford Road
• Rokewood – Shelford Road from the bridge to Cressy – Shelford Road
• All of Cressy – Shelford Road
• Hamilton Highway B140 towards Cressy from Cressy Shelford Road to Lismore.
Roads will be closed using a rolling closure system, led by Victoria Police. Side roads as well as roads that intersect with the designated route, will be temporarily closed while the riders pass.
Inverleigh has been designated as a stopping station, where riders can replenish their supplies.
For more information, please contact Rhys, Events Director on