COVID-19 Restrictions Update: 12 February 2021
The Victorian Government has announced all of Victoria including Golden Plains Shire Council will move to Stage 4 Restrictions from 11.59pm, Friday 12 February, 2021 until 11.59pm, Wednesday 17 February, 2021.
In line with the Government's new restrictions, Golden Plains Shire Council has implemented a number of changes to its operations to reduce the risks to residents, staff and volunteers.
Essential Council Services
Council’s essential services will continue to operate during the lockdown including:
- Occasional Child Care
- Family Day Care
- Maternal and Child Health (will offer phone appointments where possible)
- Active Ageing & Inclusion Services will operate as usual, based on current rosters for the next week.
- Outdoor works teams will continue to work on-site
Closed and Open During Lockdown
As per the Victorian Government restrictions, these locations will close during the lockdown:
- Customer Service Centres in Bannockburn and Smythesdale (service still available over the phone and online)
- Libraries including Bannockburn library and the mobile library
- Community centres including Bannockburn Cultural Centre and The Well at Smythesdale
- Outdoor recreation reserves and indoor recreation centres
- Skate and bike parks
- Water playspace at the Bannockburn Heart
- Rokewood Transfer Station
Note: Outdoor playgrounds will remain open and Council’s waste collection will operate as usual.
For more information on changes to Council's services, operations and facilities, click here.
For more information on the current restrictions, visit the Department of Health website here.