Council Plan 2021-2025: Have Your Say
To develop the Council Plan 2021-2025 and Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan, Council is inviting the community to provide input into the priorities for action in Golden Plains Shire over the next four years.
The priorities will be aligned with, and deliver on, the themes of the Golden Plains Shire Community Vision 2040: Community, Liveability, Prosperity and Sustainability.
There are many ways for Golden Plains residents to have their say on the Council Plan 2021-2025:
- Complete the Council Plan 2021-2025 survey in the February issue of the Gazette or online at the Have Your Say page on Council’s website.
- Complete a Council Plan 2021-2025 postcard: Available at Council’s Customer Centres – 2 Pope St, Bannockburn and 19 Heales St, The Well, Smythesdale – and at Council’s community engagement posts.
- Visit a Council Plan 2021-2025 community engagement post:
- Saturday 30 January, 10am to 12pm: Rokewood centre, Rokewood-Shelford Road.
- Saturday 6 February, 8.30am to 12.30pm: Golden Plains Farmers’ Market, High & Milton Sts, Bannockburn.
- Sunday 7 February, 10am to 3pm: Smythesdale Arts and Music Fiesta, Smythesdale centre.
- Share your ideas with Councillors at the Council Plan 2021-2025 Online Conversation Post: Wednesday 10 February, 5.30 to 7pm.
Mayor Cr Helena Kirby encourages residents to get involved in the development of the Council Plan 2021-2025.
“The Council Plan 2021-2025 will confirm the projects and programs that Council will deliver over the next four years and outlines the commitment we make to the people of Golden Plains Shire for this Council term.
“With the Golden Plains Community Vision 2040 as a framework, we are asking our communities about their priorities to build stronger Community, Liveability, Prosperity and Sustainability in Golden Plains over the next four years.
“During the Council election, we heard a diverse range of ideas and opinions from many local people and we now encourage all residents to take this opportunity to get their ideas and priorities before Council, for consideration in the Council Plan. If you have a great idea for your community or want Council focus to on an important project or infrastructure, we are listening and we want to hear from you.
“Complete the survey or postcards, stop by a conversation post or talk online with the Councillors – there are many ways to share your ideas so don’t miss this opportunity to have your say.”
The Council Plan 2021-2025 consultation is now open and closes on 21 February 2021. For information and the online survey, click here.
To view the Golden Plains Community Vision 2040, click here.