Community Strengthening Grants Open
Applications for the first round of Council’s Community Strengthening Grants are now open.
Part of Council’s renewed Community Grants program, Community Strengthening Grants of up to $10,000 are now available in four categories:
- Healthy Active Living – to support recreation, sport, health and wellbeing projects
- Creative Community – to support arts and culture projects
- Environment and Sustainability – to support projects that improve the environment
- Community Safety – to support projects that equip communities to be safe and resilient
Community groups must match the amount of funding sought, either in cash or through in-kind contributions, such as volunteer work on the project. To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
- Not-for-profit or equivalent
- Incorporated or auspiced by an incorporated entity
- Have no outstanding projects or evaluations from community grants pre 2018/19
- Have discussed the project with a Council officer prior to submission
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the application period for the first round of Community Strengthening Grants has been extended, and will now close on Friday 15 May, 2020. A second round of Community Strengthening Grants will open in September 2020.
Council is inviting community groups to put forward different and innovative applications, given that many of the well-deserving projects and events funded in the past will not meet the Government’s current COVID-19 restrictions and advice. Community groups are encouraged to contact Council’s Community Partnership Officer to discuss their ideas, how their projects can keep communities connected during these difficult times, and a flexible timeline for delivery of events and projects.
Small Grants of up to $1,000 will become available from 1 July 2020. The grants will be available to support events and youth projects, with no requirement for matching funds, and will be available all year, subject to remaining funds.
Community groups wishing to find out more information, can contact Council’s Community Partnership Officer at 5220 7220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.