Stand for Council - Community and Candidate Information Session
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Community and Candidate Information sessions will provide community members and prospective candidates with valuable information about the role and purpose of local government; and the role, responsibilities and expectations of a councillor, and the electoral process.
These sessions are different from the Mandatory Candidate Training sessions run by the State Government through Local Government Victoria.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all sessions will be delivered online.
The sessions cover:
- The role and purpose of local government
- The new Local Government Act 2020
- Introduction to your council and information on the municipal area
- Roles, responsibilities and expectations of a councillor
- The experience of being a councillor
- The electoral process and campaigning including key dates and information provided by the Victorian Electoral Commission.
At the end of the session, participants are sent the Citizen to Councillor guide which outlines the information covered in the session and additional information.
For any enquires regarding this session, please contact Golden Plains Shire Council or email Jeannie Gill at email@example.com.