How to apply for a job with us
Thank you for considering a position with Golden Plains Shire Council. You are now a few steps away from submitting your application. To make the process easier for you, here are some guidelines and tips to help you prepare and submit your application.
Applying for a job involves three steps
- To view all our current job listings simply click here CURRENT VACANCIES.
- To apply for a role you will need to answer the Selection Criteria . This is a key component of you application and should clearly show how your experience and qualifications meet the Selection Criteria.
- You will then be prompted to attach a Cover Letter and Resume. Please ensure that you have these attachments prepared before applying.
Tips and hints on applying for vacancies
- Prepare your written application including a Resume which provides contact details and outlines your qualifications and experience.
- A copy of the position description is attached to all the position vacancy descriptions.
- Pay particular attention to the selection criteria in the position description. You need to demonstrate how your experience meets the criteria.
- For further information, please view attached EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION GUIDE
Golden Plains Shire Council acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals, and will ensure that:
- Your application is treated as strictly confidential and is used solely for the purpose for which it was submitted.
- Your application is assessed only by the relevant selection panel, to determine your suitability for the position; and
- Should you be unsuccessful, your application is destroyed after a period of six months.