How to apply for a job with us
Thank you for considering a position with Golden Plains Shire Council. You are now a few steps away from submitting your application. To make the process easier for you, here are some guidelines and tips to help you prepare and submit your application.
Applying for a job involves three steps
- To view all our current job listings simply click here CURRENT VACANCIES.
- To apply for a role you will need to answer the Selection Criteria . This is a key component of you application and should clearly show how your experience and qualifications meet the Selection Criteria.
- You will then be prompted to attach a Cover Letter and Resume. Please ensure that you have these attachments prepared before applying.
Tips and hints on applying for vacancies
- Prepare your written application including a Resume which provides contact details and outlines your qualifications and experience.
- A copy of the position description is attached to all the position vacancy descriptions.
- Pay particular attention to the selection criteria in the position description. You need to demonstrate how your experience meets the criteria.
Golden Plains Shire Council acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals, and will ensure that:
- Your application is treated as strictly confidential and is used solely for the purpose for which it was submitted.
- Your application is assessed only by the relevant selection panel, to determine your suitability for the position; and
- Should you be unsuccessful, your application is destroyed after a period of six months.