Inverleigh Structure Plan
Community members are invited to provide feedback on the draft Structure Plan framework for Inverleigh, via the conversation posts and online feedback in June 2018.
The Inverleigh Structure Plan provides a strategic framework to establish the basis for future land use planning decisions for the town. The Structure Plan indicates a preferred layout of residential, commercial, community and other land uses based on a 15 year outlook.
The Inverleigh Structure Plan will:
- Address the limited availability of suitably zoned and unencumbered residential land in Inverleigh
- Link and integrate key findings of the Inverleigh Flood Study
- Examine suitable lot sizes for the Low Density Residential Zone
- Tie in relevant findings of the Domestic Wastewater Management Plan (DWMP)
Community workshop (October 2017):
Council held a community workshop on 26th October to provide results of the community survey, stakeholder engagement and the latest 2016 census findings.
There was a strong turnout with robust and healthy discussion amongst the community on key structure planning issues including:
- Vision for the town
- Land Use (residential, commercial, open space, industry and community)
- Physical attributes
- Movement – Connections – Accessibility
The workshop findings demonstrate that while there is a mix of views on particular issues, there is also widespread support for the following:
- Retaining a village character, with its historic and natural environments which are cornerstones of the town’s charm and appeal.
- Ongoing dependency on higher order services within Bannockburn and Geelong so as to preserve Inverleigh’s village scale and character.
- Support for the continuation of the boutique scale of commercial development and re-use of existing buildings in the main street.
Prior to the October workshop, Council received more than 120 responses to the community survey distributed in the first half of 2017, representing around 10% of the Inverleigh community.
A broad range of community members also provided feedback at the Inverleigh Listening Posts in early March 2017. The Strategic Planning Team has enjoyed meeting many residents, talking about the Structure Plan project and seeking feedback on key issues. More than 50 residents and community group representatives also attended workshops during March 2017.
How You Can Be Involved
Council would love to hear from all Inverleigh residents, business owners, stakeholders, and visitors.
Pop-up conversation posts (Saturday 16 & Saturday 23 June)
Community members are invited to provide feedback on the draft Structure Plan directly with Council Officers and consultants at two pop-up conversation post in Inverleigh:
Saturday 16 June 2018, 9am - 12pm, Inverleigh town centre
Saturday 23 June 2018, 12pm - 3pm, Inverleigh Recreation Reserve
The draft Inverleigh Streetscape Masterplan will also be available for community discussion and feedback at the conversation post.
Online feedback on draft Plan (Monday 18 June 2018 - Monday 2 July 2018)
Community members are also able to provide feedback on the draft Structure Plan framework online via the online form below:
What Happens Next
The community’s feedback on the draft Framework will be incorporated into the final Inverleigh Structure Plan.
If you would like to stay informed about this project, please visit this page for updates, or sign up to the Community Engagement Register.
- Early 2017: Initial community consultation: Listening posts, workshops and survey
- Oct 2017: Initial findings, background information completed
- Oct 2017: Community workshop on initial findings
- June - July 2018: Conversation posts and online feedback on draft Structure Plan framework
- Mid - late 2018: Finalisation of Structure Plan
- Late 2018: Statutory Implementation process
Sorry, no results could be found matching your query...