Inverleigh Flood Study
Thank you to all community members who have contributed to the development of the Inverleigh Flood Study. We have finalised the draft Inverleigh Flood Study which is located below.
The Inverleigh Flood Study provides a detailed assessment of the Inverleigh township flood plain where flooding may impact upon residents, properties and infrastructure. Council has contracted Water Technology Consultants to undertake a Flood Investigation of the Leigh and Barwon Rivers at Inverleigh. State Government funding was available to develop the Inverleigh Flood Study and Inverleigh Flood Study Video.
The Draft Inverleigh Flood Study is now available for community comment until 31 August 2018, see link below.
Proposed flood maps (which have been available for a number of months) can still be accessed via the links below.
- Existing vs, proposed overlays - draft map (entire study area)
- Proposed planning overlays - draft map (township area).
For more information, please see our fact sheet which responds to frequently asked questions, or contact Council’s Strategic Planning Officers.
How you can be involved
Comments regarding the Draft Inverleigh Flood Study can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August 2018
What Happens Next
Following consideration of your feedback Council will consider the Final Inverleigh Flood Study at its September 2018 meeting. Council will prepare a planning scheme amendment by the end of 2018 to implement changes to policy, the Floodplain Overlay and Land Subject to Inundation Overlay maps.
- Jun 2017: Land surveyors conduct flood investigation in Inverleigh area
- Jun - Jul 2017: Online mapping tool open for community comment
- Aug 2017: Community information session
- May 2018: Community feedback on draft flood maps
- July 2018: Draft Inverleigh Flood Study finalised
- August 2018: Community feedback on draft findings
- September 2018: Council to consider community feedback
- Dec 2018: Planning scheme amendment prepared