Golden Plains Shire has two local laws which, as the name implies, are enforced throughout the municipality. Other municipalities have their own local laws.
Council's local laws cover a broad range of issues and activities including:
- Council meeting procedures
- Unsightly land
- Keeping of domestic animals
- Burning of offensive materials
- Signs on road reserves
- Trees on road reserves
- Roadside trading
- Outdoor eating facilities
- Droving and grazing of livestock on roads
Click on the links below to view Local Law No. 1 - Processes of Municipal Government, and Local Law No. 2 - Public Amenity, Roads & Streets.