The Golden Connections Community Transport service provides assistance and transport to residents of Golden Plains. This can be for:
- Medical appointments
- Community travel needs
- Assistance where no other transport services are available
- Passenger assistance can also be provided where necessary, to help clients who are frail or have restricted mobility.
- Links to other existing transport services
- All services are subject to availability of vehicles and drivers.
Some of the services Golden Connections Community Transport offers are:
- A door-to-door service is available Monday to Friday for medical appointments and other specialist activities.
- Regular route services are available from Linton to Ballarat return each Wednesday. This service enables residents to have 3 hours in Ballarat for medical appointments or shopping needs. Linton to Ballarat Shopping Trip(325 kb)
For information on hire fees and client contributions, please contact the Community Transport Coordinator on 03 5220 7144. All hire fees and contributions help to cover running costs and ensure that the service continues and expands.
Golden Connections Community Transport relies on trained volunteer drivers from the community to operate these services. All volunteers have satisfactory Police checks and Working with Children checks.
Volunteer driving is fun and very rewarding and can be a great opportunity to meet new people and help your local community. Even being able to assist two days a month is enough to really make a difference and be appreciated by people in your area. Full training and ongoing support is provided. An information pack is available upon request by contacting the Community Transport Coordinator on 03 5220 7144.
Golden Connections Community Transport is proudly funded and supported by Golden Plains Shire.