Council's Strategic Planning functions are based around the preparation of forward planning policies and strategies that form a Strategic Planning Framework; providing direction for land use and development across the Shire. Key functions of Strategic Planning include:
- Preparation of strategies and policies for the management of land use and development;
- The management of the Golden Plains Planning Scheme including the Municipal Strategic Statement (MSS);
- Preparation of Planning Scheme Amendments;
- Assessment of requests to amend the Golden Plains Planning Scheme, including the rezoning of land; and
- The provision of advice to the Council and Golden Plains Community on Strategic Planning Matters.
Council's current and completed strategic planning projects can be accessed via the Planning Projects page.
All Planning Scheme Amendments currently in progress can be found on the Planning Scheme Amendments page.
Please contact Customer Service for more information.