Our Mission, Values & Vision
- We engage in long term financial planning and management to ensure sustainability of the municipality.
- We encourage, welcome and recognise the need to respond to the significant forecast population growth and the challenges it creates.
- We maintain and enhance the diversity and uniqueness of our communities, while encouraging and managing population growth and economic development.
- We maintain and develop a quality road system and secure adequate resources for the future.
- We aim for citizens to have fair access to recreation facilities, education, employment and human support services, particularly youth and the aged.
- We accept individual diversity and we welcome and encourage participation in civic and community affairs.
- We market our municipality through open and effective communication.
- We respect the environment, our cultural significance and our heritage.
- We support and pursue the orderly and proper planning of land use and development based on strategic considerations as identified in the Municipal Strategic Statement.
- We support agricultural industry, sustainable practices and the right to farm.
- We provide municipal leadership that reflects local needs within a competitive and changing environment while considering government priorities.
- We foster successful relationships and collaborative arrangements with other levels of government, agencies, non government organisations and the private sector.
Integrity in Leadership
We will strive to lead the community with integrity, reason and accountability whilst acknowledging Council's statutory obligations.
Equity & Access
We will treat our community, residents and ratepayers equitably by being fair in our decision making and ensure that we are approachable by the community.
We are committed to excellence in management and teamwork, comprising the community, Council and staff.
We recognise the uniqueness of our individual communities, and will seek to work in partnership with them to enhance our sense of community spirit.
We recognise the efforts and value the contributions of our volunteers.
We are open to new ideas and will grasp opportunities with a vision to succeed.
Golden Plains Shire offers a lifestyle and opportunities that foster social, economic and environmental wellbeing. In partnership with the community we will provide strong leadership, encourage sustainable development and ensure quality services, to continue to improve the quality of life of residents.