Council aims to keep residents and communities informed of Council's planning, services and current and future projects through a range of communication channels.
Golden Plains Gazette
Council's bi-monthly newsletter, the Golden Plains Gazette, is published in February, April, June, August, October and December each year and is deliveryed to every household in the shire via Australia Post. The newsletter is full of information about Council activities and services and features a community noticeboard where community groups can have their events or activities promoted to the wider community.
You can find archived issues of the Gazette under About Council > Publications. For more information or if you are not receiving the Gazette, please contact Customer Service on 5220 7111.
Council's website features information on Council's services activities along with a variety of publications, form and applications that can be downloaded.
Council promotes activities and information through local newsletters across the shire. See the Community Listing in the 2007-2008 Community Guide for details of your local newsletter.
Council publishes public notices in the Geelong Advertiser, The Courier (Ballarat) and the Golden Plains Miner.
New Resident's Kits
If you are a new resident, Council can send you a pack with information on Council services and contacts, local newsletters and relevant forms.
The following information is available for public inspection at the Bannockburn Customer Service Centre in accordance with Part 5 of the Local Government (General) Regulations 2004.
- (a) Details of current allowances fixed for the Mayor and Councillors.
- (b) Details of senior officers' total salary packages for the current financial year and the previous year.
- (c) Details of overseas or interstate travel in excess of 3 days undertaken in an official capacity by Councillors or any member of Council staff in the previous 12 months.
- (d) Names of Council officers who were required to submit a return of interest during the financial year and the dates the returns were submitted.
- (e) Names of Councillors who submitted returns of interest during the financial year and the dates the returns were submitted.
- (f) Agendas for and minutes of ordinary and special meetings held in the previous 12 months kept under section 93 of the Act except if the minutes relate to parts of meetings which have been closed to members of the public under section 89 of the Act;
- (g) A list of all special committees established by Council and the purpose for which each committee was established;
- (h) A list of all special committees established by the Council which were abolished or ceased to function during the financial year;
- (i) Minutes of meetings of special committees established under section 86 of the Act and held in the previous 12 months except if the minutes relate to parts of meetings which have been closed to members of the public under section 89 of the Act;
- (j) A register of delegations kept under sections 87, 88 and 98 of the Act, including the date on which the last review under section 98(6) of the Act took place;
- (k) Submissions received in accordance with section 223 of the Act during the previous 12 months;
- (l) Agreements to establish regional libraries under section 196 of the Act;
- (m) Details of all property, finance and operating leases involving land, buildings, plant, computer equipment or vehicles.
- (n) A register of authorised officers appointed under section 224 of the Act;
- (o) A list of donations and grants made by the Council.
- (p) Details of Council memberships.
- (q) A list of contracts valued at $100,000 or more which the Council entered into during the financial year
Council Plan Implementation
The 4 year Council Plan is reviewed and updated annually to include new actions and objectives. At its meeting in July 2013, Council's Director of Corporate Services reported to Council on the full implementation of Council's 2012-13 Plan, representing substantial progress in the implementation of the 4 Year Plan for the period 2012-16.
The following Local Laws are in place: